Beginner’s Guide To Wholesale Jewelry Supplies
Jewelry making may seem like a difficult thing to do, but once you take the challenge, you will see that it is actually an enjoyable and rewarding business. For anyone who is looking to get into the jewelry making business, it is essential for them to have the right jewelry making supplies. Beginners who want to make money out of jewelry making should consider buying wholesale jewelry supplies because they are cost effective and you will have a range of things to work with. It is true that you will be overwhelmed by the prices of each and every tool and supplies that you see in your local crafts store. This is the reason, it is recommended that you shop online and consider buying in bulk.
As a beginner, you will need a range of wholesale jewelry supplies. These include the following:
Tools are very important as they help you assemble your jewelry pieces. Some of the basic tools that you must look for include:
• Needle nose or chain nose pliers – used for straightening and bending wire
• Wire cutters – used for cutting through metals
• Round nose pliers – used for making loops in wire
There are a range of components such as fasteners and connectors that you will need to complete your projects. Things to look for when buying wholesale jewelry supplies include:
• Head pins – these are available in many sizes and many types. The types that you must look for include standard head pins, balls pins, eye pins and decorative pins.
• Jump rings – always make sure that you get a good quantity of these and in different sizes. Jump rings are essential findings as they help attach beaded components to earring wires and chains.
• Crimps – these are hollow beads which allow you to anchor beads at certain points along the thread or wire. They are also used for attaching rings and clasps and you must make certain that you get a variety of crimps in your wholesale lot of jewelry supplies.
• Bead tips – essential findings that you need to complete a necklace that is strung with a stringing material.
• Hoops and ear wires – these are essential for making earrings. They are easy to use and therefore are great for simple and quick projects.
• Clasps – attaching the ends of the jewelry piece is possible with clasps. There are many different types available and you must ensure that you get a good number of clasps in your wholesale lot because they are one of the most important findings used in necklaces and bracelets.
These are available in many different types and colors. Basically, the color depends on the materials used. Stringing materials include threads and stringing wire. Metal chains are also fantastic options for making fine jewelry items.
Last, but not the least, you will need beads. Beads are available in many different types, colors, sizes, shapes and patterns. When buying wholesale jewelry supplies, you will get a variety of these beads. You can choose lots with a single type of beads or lots that contain many different types of beads.